Monday, August 6, 2007

The End of the King Season




The king season officially ended July 31st and the photos above are fish taken on that day. Andy Hochmayr is on the left and the Victor family is on the right. Andy has quite the story about his last king of the year. I won't blog about it but you can ask me in person. Let's just say Andy is "Lord of The Rings/Kings." The Victor's put their time in the day before without a fish to the boat. On the last day their three fish came within the last hour of the trip. Once again perseverance and having the right attitude paid off.
Overall the king season was more of a roller coaster ride than I would have liked it to be. July is usually consistent fishing with a fair amount of large fish . Not so this year. Hot and cold and a lot of small fish. The reports that I read in the local newspaper said the fishing was "average" this year. I hope the fall fishing will be a bit better.
To all of you that booked a king trip with me......THANK YOU! Fishing will always be fishing but I hope your experience on the Kenai was an enjoyable one. I can tell you without hesitation that I enjoyed every trip. Many of you have already booked for next year and I know without a doubt that the "trip of a lifetime" will happen again for many of you in the not too distant future.
Well, time to get out my silver salmon gear. Updates will follow as the season progresses.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What do you mean "average"? We caught 6 kings with you Keith and they were all huge. Thanks and I look forward to seeing you and Jane in the future.

Gary

Anonymous said...

Ditto. Great time.