Monday, June 13, 2011

Fishing Report Week Ending 6/12

This past week was very interesting. Let me start out by thanking our neighbors, Mack and Carol Padgett, for sending me this photo of a momma moose and her newborn calf. They took this photo early in the morning as they headed out to fish for the day. I would have to say that Mack and Carol enjoy and utilize all that this river offers more than anyone I know. Life is good for Team Pabst... Anyway, on with the report.



Tuesday was perhaps the best day of the week for fishing based on the river wide reports that I received. Our boat had several opportunities but unfortunately could not land a king salmon. During the course of the trip we counted seven moose....a personal record for me! Scott and Holly said that if their friends ever ask them who is the best moose guide on the river they wouldn't hesitate to recommend me. Ha!




The rest of the week the fishing was so-so, in my boat, and the rest of the river. We managed to catch three and all were on the small side. They were released and the only photo taken was of the fish above.



I mentioned in the last report that I went out halibut fishing. I forgot to include a photo so here's one this week. Nothing large but oh-so tasty.



The water on the Kenai looks fantastic right now and the sonar counts have been strong. I have a full week of fishing ahead so naturally I like our chances.

Come back next week and I'll let you know how it went.






No comments: