Monday, July 11, 2011

Fishing Report Week Ending 7/9/11

The fishing this past week was steady. The best bite was either in the morning or with the incoming and outgoing tide. Most of the fish caught in my boat have come at the Crossover or Mud Island. Pictured above is Bill and Terry with a couple of nice fish caught on a spin 'n glo with egg and a sardine wrapped kwikfish. I didn't post Terry's second fish but he is officially tagged out for the season. Not bad, two trips, two Kenai kings.Here's lovely Jane (my bride) with a nice king caught on Sunday. This fish fell victim to a chrome and chartreuse kwikfish. Jane managed to catch this fish on her second troll and it took plenty of muscle to get it to the net.
Here's Phil with his king. The last time I fished with Phil was a couple of years ago. He was proud to tell me that he's batting a thousand when fishing kings with me.
Here's picture of Nikki Crawford with the largest fish she has ever caught. Glad I could be a part of it.
Like Nikki, here's Everardo with the largest fish he has ever caught. Team Apple Valley one upped Team Woodbury but I have a sneaky suspicion that they'll all be back to try it again. I had a great afternoon fishing with these guys.
For the week ahead I expect the king bite to improve. And, for you red fisherman, a few reds are starting to show so it will be a matter of time before all mayhem breaks loose.
Tight lines!

2 comments:

Dave Del Toro said...

Thanks for guiding the team to success. We had a great time and now have documented proof of our fish stories.

Team Apple Valley and Team Woodbury

Beaver Creek Cabins & Guide Service said...

Thanks Dave. Drew, Joey, and Everardo were fun to be around. Hope Dad shared a few fillets with you.

Keith