Monday, October 3, 2011

Final Fish Report--Week Ending 10/2/11

Well, the 2011 fishing season is officially over for me. I had a single trip this past week and the fishing was definitely on the slow side. Pictured above are Matt, Pat, Mike and Jake. Even though the weather and the fishing were marginal, their attitudes were definitely the highlight of the day for me. Thanks guys for ending my guiding season on such a positive note.
I did get a chance to go out and fish several times on my own this past week. Here's Jane posing proudly with a 15lb silver. On this particular day the weather was a bit cool but not raining. Jane asked if we could go out and see if there were any fish around. There were, we caught our limit, and the best part of the afternoon was the fact we were the only boat out on the lower river. It's times like these that make the Kenai River magical. I'm sad to see it end.....
Well, that's a wrap. You won't see a current Kenai River fishing report until May of 2012. Make sure to check the blog often because I plan to post on a weekly basis. Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like that fish almost as much as the woman. Glad you both survived the season.
peter

Mack said...

Thanks for keeping us up to date. Next season will be here before you know it. Enjoy the off season.

The Padgetts

Anonymous said...

Congratulations fo what appears to have been an excellent 2011 fishing season....Looking forward to seeing the two of you next July...or maybe I'll just come to Mn this winter to do some ice fishing!

george