Monday, February 27, 2012

Fishing the Kenai 2011 - Mark's Fish Story




So a friend of mine sent me a YouTube link about the Kenai River. As I was watching the video I couldn't help but notice the selection of other video posts about the Kenai. I swear one of them looked like it was the inside of my boat so I decided to click on it. Lo and behold, wouldn't you know it, it was a video from a trip with the Johnson's in June of 2011. After watching their video, it made me happy that I was part of their "once in a lifetime" day on the river.


Bill Medchill has also posted a YouTube video about a silver salmon trip (I'll post this later). If anybody else has let me know and I'll put it on the blog.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you're a YouTube sensation. Wish I would have recorded our epic day.

Bob

Mack said...

Sweet. It's not often that you capture a swing & a miss on a June fish.

Beaver Creek Cabins & Guide Service said...

Mack, that was a check swing and not a swing and a miss. Fish started to turn so I pulled back...at least that's what I keep telling myself, hahahaha!

Anonymous said...

Fun Video, well done and a good fish at the end of the battle.
NICE!
Peter

Mack said...

Check swing? Really!

Anonymous said...

Knock on wood, Mack, but in all my years I have not missed a king while netting. I get a little henke when they're near the boat and I often pull back waiting for the perfect opportunity....Silvers, on the other hand, I haven't been as fortunate. I feel awful when I knock a fish off just before netting but at least with silvers I feel pretty comfortable that we'll be able to find more that day.

Keith