Monday, August 13, 2012

Fishing Report Week Ending 8/13/12


The good news this past week is there are plenty of pink salmon in the river.  The better news is that the silver salmon are starting to show but not on a consistent basis...yet.   Pictured above are Brian and Amy.   Over the years I have had a real jinx when it  comes to fishing newlyweds.  For some reason or another they seem to go fishless in my boat.  Jane decided not to tell me that these two were on their honeymoon.  I guess Jane knows best.  Both Brian and Amy both caught a ton of pink salmon and their limit of silver salmon.   


I'm posting this photo strictly for Mack Padgett.  Brian happened to be wearing this t-shirt and his bride, if you look closely in the top photo, has a PBR stocking cap.   Maybe that's why they broke through the honeymoon jinx.  Go Team Pabst!


The photo above is the first trip of three weeks of fishing the Gary Blinn groups.  It was great pleasure to start out with a duel father/son combo.   Pictured above are two kids I'd love to have in my boat every day, Jacob and Adam.


Here's the whole group.  From left to right are Jacob, Randy, Scott, and Adam.   Randy has been coming for 14 years and all of the others are new to Alaska.   It's great when new people are added to the Blinn group but we do miss some of the old guard that aren't making it this year.  Yeah, I'm taking about you Orville, Allen, Oscar, Chris, Teddy, and Howard.



Finally, a photo of the Grand Poobah himself.  Here's Gary Blinn livin' large on the Kenai.


See you next week with plenty of more photos.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm missing the good fishing and friends. Hope to see you in 2 years. Save me a seat.
Oscar

Orville said...

My hands are shaking, i am dizzy.....i think it is the "silver" withdrawal syndrome!!
Catch some for me.
Orville

Mack said...

Orville,

My hands are a little shaky too ... and I know an Icy Cold PRB is just what the Dr. ordered. Thanks Keith, as if I need encouragment.

Mack
Team Pabst Vice Chairman