Sunday, January 29, 2017

Ken Smith

My neighbor, Ken Smith, along with his wife Elizabeth, own Drifters Landing. Since 1989, these two have been running a first rate bed and breakfast and guide business on the Kenai Peninsula. What makes their service unique is they only offer drift boat fishing on rivers and on the ocean for halibut. Yes, you read that right, drift boat halibut fishing on the ocean. Where I see Ken the most is at the end of the day rowing his drift boat by our dock on his way to his place. That can be seen in the photo above.
So, this is the real reason for this post. I believe I am the only person in possession of photos of Ken Smith running an outboard motor.
Seeing Ken run a boat that is not being rowed is like finding out that Superman is really Clark Kent. It's just something you don't want to believe.

If my revelation has put a chink in the legend of Ken Smith, than I offer my sincere apology.



Beaver Creek Cabins & Guide Service

No comments: