Saturday, December 7, 2019

In Memoriam: Dean Lageson

It's only fitting that I'm writing a tribute to my Uncle Dean today. On this day, December 7th, I would call Dean-O and ask him what day it was. Without hesitation he would say, "today is the day that Pearl Makki got bombed in Two Harbors." If you're of Finnish descent, from Minnesota, or know my Uncle Dean, you will completely get this joke. Nobody told more cornball jokes than he did.

Dean-O sadly passed away on December 1st. I was fortunate to spend many days with him in the hospital and his apartment talking sports, fishing, and listening to his jokes. “I took a turn for the nurse” is what he would say when I asked how he was feeling. Classic Dean-O.
I blogged about my uncle several years ago and if you click here you can read about my relationship with him. Jane and I will miss him terribly.

Fisherman's Prayer

I pray that I may live to fish
Until my dying day
And when it comes to my last cast,
I then most humbly pray:
When in the Lord's great landing net,
And peacefully asleep
That in His mercy I be judged
Big enough to keep.

Dean-O, you're definitely big enough to keep...





Beaver Creek Cabins & Guide Service

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

/Sorry to hear of Dean’s passing, he always was a close part of your entire family. Love seeing his humor in your blog post.

Jeff King said...

Sorry buddy for your loss...your family has some wonderful people on the other side