Monday, October 18, 2010

The High One


I took this photo yesterday in Trapper Creek. Mt. McKinley, or as the Athabaskans called it Denali (The High One), has an elevation of 20,320. It has a larger bulk and rise then Mt. Everest. Because it is so large it creates it's own weather and nearly 75% of the time the mountain is not visible. The reason I'm posting this picture is because it is more uncommon than common to see Mt. McKinley and I happened to be at the right spot at the right time. Kind of reminds me of king fishing on the Kenai.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty impressive and now I know where you're at. When is it Minnesota time?
peter

Dave Anderson said...

Interesting as Peter has stated exactly my comments. Mille Lacs have been slow but they predict a good ice season. Talk to you soon.