Monday, September 10, 2012

Fishing Report Week Ending 9/10/12

And the beat goes on.

So far September has been just like August....except less pinks.   We're getting silvers every trip but trying to find a consistent bite has been difficult.   Here's Bruce Miller showing off his first Kenai silver.
This is Brenda Miller with her first silver as well.  Let me tell you I had a great time visiting with these two.  Bruce and Brenda seem to have life figured out.  They are able to spend half of the year in Minnesota (summer) and the other half on Little Cayman Island.   No doubt I sure enjoyed spending the day with people who like their life.

    
On Tuesday I had the great pleasure of fishing with these three guys, Jimmie, Eric, and Rohan.   All three are college seniors at Northwestern University.   If you're familiar with this college they're known as the Wildcats but after seeing what was on their heads I decided to call them the Northwestern Racoon Skin Caps.
We spent the morning trying to catch silvers and we had some success.  Before the day was over I asked them if they wanted to have some fun and catch a few pinks.  
And, catch we did.  It didn't take too long before Jimmie, Eric, and Rohan had a triple humpy!  
Here's Team Qdoba from Anchorage.  Back in 2009 Paul, Alex, and Amanda fished with me.  This time they brought Ashley and Meghan with.  As you can see they still have the touch.
Here are longtime friends, Jackie and Gary Roeder from Anchorage.   Jackie started the day with a nice silver and then...
 
Gary finished the day with these two beauties.  It was Gary's birthday on Sunday and I was glad to spend it on the water with him.  Oh, I almost forgot, thanks guys for the great birthday dinner.    I can now officially cross of my list that I've tried boar that came directly from Germany.  Seriously, what an excellent cut of meat.
Finally, here's Jane with her limit of silver salmon.   I had Friday afternoon open and we decided to see if we could catch dinner.   She did, I didn't, but I'm glad she shares.

I have a busy week ahead and I'm excited because it's with a lot of old friends.    Make sure to check back next Monday to see how we did. 

Thanks for readin'.   

2 comments:

Brendalouie said...

Thanks for a terrific time Keith and Jane! The photo you took of me is better than the one Bruce took because his had a big water spot on my face. If you get a chance I would sure appreciate it if you can email me a copy of that photo.

thanks again,
Brenda

Beaver Creek Cabins & Guide Service said...

Thanks Brenda. Not sure if Jane has your email so just in case why don't you send your address to beavercreekcabins@yahoo.com. I'll send photos no later than Monday.

Keith