Monday, March 4, 2013

Life From The Other Side Of The Booth (Say What?)


Okay, that's not me standing with Jane at our booth.  This guy was walking around the Duluth sport show and I asked if he would pose with her.   You'll have to admit he's very squatchie.

This year I decided to keep a list of questions we were asked at the shows that were, hmm, let's just say, interesting?    Jane and I tried to answer these questions in the most sincere way.  

Here's a list of the best of them:
  • What time does the northern lights show start?
  • What part of Canada is Kenai in?
  • Do you take American money?
  • Do you need a passport to go to Alaska?
  • Is that a shark (as they point to the king salmon mount behind us)?
  • Will I see penguins?
  • Can you see Russia from your cabins (thank you Tina Fey)?
  • 20 years ago I stayed with a guy that was building a cabin on the Kenai.  Do you know him?
  • Are you near Alaska?
  • Do you know the guy that built a log house on the river?  He's a friend of mine.
So, how would you answer them?



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are there polar bears nearby?

Dave Anderson said...

•What time does the northern lights show start?
When Santa is home, 12 Midnight if Mrs Claus get's him up and he hasn't been drinking to heavily.
•What part of Canada is Kenai in?
The far northwestern part in the Province of Alaska
•Do you take American money?
Yes, we do charge a 20% exchange fee however and are required by law to give any change back in American money...sorry but it's still quite a deal as it's worth almost twice what Alaskan money is worth these days.
•Do you need a passport to go to Alaska?
Only if you drive through Regina or want to use American money, see previous question.
•Is that a shark (as they point to the king salmon mount behind us)?
Yes, luckily I unhooked it before it tore my arm off.
•Will I see penguins?
Only from Pittsburg.
•Can you see Russia from your cabins (thank you Tina Fey)?
Yes, but you need to be really tall.
•20 years ago I stayed with a guy that was building a cabin on the Kenai. Do you know him?
Of course, but he ran off with my first girlfriend and we don't talk any more.
•Are you near Alaska?
It depends on where you think Alaska is, if you can tell me, I can answer you.
•Do you know the guy that built a log house on the river? He's a friend of mine.
He was mine but after he stole my girl 20 years ago, I don't speak to him much. Where you at the last show we attended?

Beaver Creek Cabins & Guide Service said...

Good stuff Dave. Obviously, years of being asked by clients, "how deep are we" has made you quick on the trigger.

BTW, this was a rhetorical question but your answers are hilarious.

Keith