Monday, April 15, 2013

Signs?


In their 1971 song, "Signs", the Five Man Electrical Band sang....."Signs, signs, everywhere there's signs.  Blocking out the scenery, breaking my mind.  Do this! Do that! CAN'T YOU READ THE SIGNS?"


Some of you may recognize this spot.  For those of you who don't, this is where the Russian River ferry crosses the Kenai River.  Anything wrong with this picture?
 
Needless to say this really bothered me.   What gets me the most is this area is set aside for fishing for people confined to a wheelchair.   I was going to talk directly to these two but quickly realized that reason and understanding wouldn't work with people who "couldn't read the signs."  When I traveled back on the ferry I told a park employee that people were wading in the no wading zone and fishing in the handicap accessible area.   They told me thank you and I went on my way.   I just hope they used their position to educate these two about the signs.
 
 
 
 

No comments: