Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Emergency Order Effective from 6/20-6/30







First the bad news.

The Alaska Department of Fish and Game has announced today, in order to meet early run king salmon minimum escapement numbers, they are closing the Kenai River to king salmon fishing from June 20th until June 30th.  For all of you reading my blog who are scheduled to fish with me in July, this emergency order is for June only.  Right now, the second run king salmon management will begin on July 1st as is.

Now the good news.

I fished the Upper Kenai/Russian River area this morning and the red salmon fishing is very good.   I caught 12 reds in a couple of hours and kept my daily limit of 3 (pictured above).   Additional good news is that ADF&G has announced that they are opening the Sanctuary to fishing on Wednesday.   When ADF&G does this you know the red run is strong.

Stay tuned to the blog.  I'll keep you informed if ADF&G releases any new information on the Kenai.

No comments: