Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Father's Day--Fishing Report Week Ending 6/16/13

 
Happy Father's Day.   Thought I'd drag out a couple of old photos to celebrate the day.    Here's a picture of me and my son, Mac.   A full head of hair on me (without gray) and the classic bowl cut for him.  
 
 

                                   
 
Two of the most important men in my life:   My son, McKinley "Mac" Taylor Holtan, and my dad, Albert "Bert" Nolan Holtan, Jr.
 
                                                    
                                                             

One last photo of my dad on this special day.  Can't believe it's been five years since you left us.   Thanks Dad for always finding the time to take me out fishing.

 
 
Now, on to the current fishing report.   Wish I had a first hand report on how the king fishing has been going on the Kenai but with the catch and release order in effect, my clients this past week cancelled.   I can only tell you what a couple of guide friends have told me: fishin' has been fair on the Kenai.    I can, however, give a first hand report on halibut fishing.   Will and Becky Jahrig called me up to see if I wanted to go fishing with them.   That's like asking me if I like ice cream.....that would be a big yes to both!    As the photos will attest to, fishing on the salt has been very good.


Here's our boat limit.  Nothing large, but fun to catch and to eat.


Big Will in a not so serious moment.....

Hard to say what the week ahead will hold.  I do have several catch and release groups scheduled so I'm excited to get back in the groove and get back out on the river.   Besides fishing king salmon this week I also plan on making a couple of trips to the Russian River to fish sockeyes.   The reports there have been very good and the great part about that is the run is just beginning.

See you next week.





No comments: