Sunday, October 5, 2014

Fishing Report Week Ending 10/5/14

This is the last silver salmon caught in my boat on the lower river for 2014.  This is because during the week ahead I'll be busy winterizing my gear and getting the dock in.  
Fishing was definitely slow out there. But, this last fish is not a bad way to end the season.
One word that described last week: cold. Not only the morning temperatures but the bite as well.
 Definitely a hard frost.
And how's this for water temperatures?

I fished almost everyday this past week and had one fish to show for it.   Some days I fished alone, some days with Jane. All I know is I enjoyed the solitude on the water which allowed me a lot of time to reflect on this past season (I will blog a recap in the near future).

In the meantime, next week my post will be a couple of days later than normal. Instead of a fishing report I will be giving a hunting report from Southeast Alaska. Should be fun and I'm looking forward to getting together with a couple of old friends.  Until then....


2 comments:

Dave Anderson said...

Man that's a pretty fish!

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a great Silver season! Wish I could have made it down this fall, but I had to do a little adult babysitting. See you next year and enjoy the southeast! Be safe.
Dan B.