Sunday, October 16, 2016

Dock is Out!


Is it the dock is in, or is it the dock is out? I'm kinda stumped with the terminology. But, no matter how you phrase it, all I know is the dock is not being used until the spring of 2017. Thanks Dan, for helping me take it out/in this year.

The Skilak Glacier Dammed Lake semiannual release happened this week and has caused the Kenai River water to rise 9.6 feet. As I was pulling my boat out for the year I saw this floating at the confluence of Beaver Creek and the Kenai. That's the end piece of someone's dock. The tall part of the structure is a fish cleaning station. It's sights like these that makes me feel fortunate that my dock is protected by an island. I've never, ever, experienced a problem with high water.



As I was saying goodbye to the river one last time, I got to see this sight. Several swans, seagulls, and a lone immature bald eagle seemed to be saying, "see you next year!"  Right back at ya!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Almost time for ice fishing.

King George said...

Congratulations to You and Jane on the completion
of your 14th year at Beaver Creek. My family and friends
have been very fortunate to have been a part of 6 of
Those summers and I anticipate a few more in the years to come..
Thanks again for providing Riley and all your clients opportunities
to make memories that will last a lifetime.

I expect to see you two on the beach and /or on the Ice this winter!

George

Beaver Creek Cabins & Guide Service said...

Thanks for the nice words George. I know you're retired but if you want the position of full time publicist for Beaver Creek Cabins &Guide Service, you've got it. Hope to see you in sunny Florida (LA) this winter.