Sunday, April 27, 2014

Cheaper To Buy?


I've told many people that it's cheaper to buy fish at a market than it is to hire a guide.   However, after seeing these fish at a Costco, I may have to back pedal and say you'll come out way ahead if you catch a fish on a guided trip.



$16.99 doesn't sound too bad per pound considering halibut will sell for $25.00 a pound.


But, when you see what a 23 pound king will cost........$402.83, paying $175 for a six hour guided king trip, or $295 for a ten hour trip, seems like a bargain, especially if you happen to catch a 50-60 pound Kenai king.

There is one truth about buying a fish at a market and that is you'll always be guaranteed a fish.   The only guarantee I give is the opportunity to catch a fish and I will do this to the best of my ability (no self respected fishing guide should ever guarantee fish).  That promise "you can take to the bank", as my buddy John would say.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I hope you've got just one for me. See you in July.

King George said...

And 60 lb one for me. See you in July as well