Sunday, November 12, 2017

The Kids of 2017


Take A Kid Fishing. 

I've heard that phrase my whole life. Putting together this post, I wondered when it was first used and who started it. A quick internet search was not terribly successful except for linking this movement to the founder of  Bass Angler Sportsman Society (B.A.S.S.), Ray Scott. This was in 1967. Unless someone can tell me differently, I'll go with that.  

I figure what a perfect way to honor the 50th anniversary of Take A Kid Fishing than to highlight a few of the kids I had the pleasure of fishing with this past year. Who's the real kid in the photo above? If you guessed me, than you would be right...









I always enjoy my days on the water with kids. I think it's because it reminds me why I got addicted to fishing. That being said, thanks dad for taking me fishing and creating a life long passion of piscatorial pursuits.
Me and my dad, Oahe Reservoir, circa 1969






1 comment:

Unknown said...

Travis and JD had a blast out on the boat with you Keith. Talk about bragging rights! It was awesome seeing the looks on their faces when they landed those big silvers. You have definitely left a huge impression on them.