Monday, September 7, 2015

Fishing Report Week Ending 9/6/15 (Actually 9/7/15)

There are only two Mondays that I'm allowed to guide on the Kenai: Memorial Day and Labor Day. I apologize to those who were expecting a report yesterday, but I was just too busy to write a report. To paraphrase our local poet laureate Hobo Jim, "I'm doing all right, I've just been fishing....".
How was the week?  It started out on fire. On September 1st, Bob, Judy, Rick, Bill, and Mike got their three fish limit of silvers.
That was followed up the next day with another boat limit.  The Beaver Creek All Stars included Dan and Mary Meyer, and Bob and Judy Kingsbury.  The Pink Parka rules again!  Judy said she will lease it out if anyone is interested.
Had to include the photo of the Kit Kat double.  Good to know the magic still works Mary.
Towards the end of the week the bite slowed down.  Here's Bob Laflamme starting the trip off right.   Todd doesn't look too embarrassed for his dad and his celebration pose.
That fish was followed up by the biggest silver of the day.  Janet Laflamme had a much larger fish on and unfortunately lost it by the boat.  Still, not a bad way to spend your birthday.
We finished up the week by catching a few silvers on Labor Day.  We spent three hours on the water, caught four and missed just as many. I don't know who was happier. Todd, being on the water with his parents, or Bob and Janet showing off their catch. These guys sure make my job easy.

For the week ahead I expect the fishing to be steady to steady slow. The key will be patience and timing.  I was scheduled to fish every day but a family emergency had Dan and Mary Meyer returning to Illinois. My thoughts and prayers are with the both of you.  Maybe see you before freeze up????




Beaver Creek Cabins & Guide Service  




No comments: