Sunday, June 9, 2019

A blog about a blog (and fishing report).

When my sister visited last week she brought an early birthday gift for me. Best present, best sister, ever! It was a hard bound book of the last two years of the Beaver Creek Cabins & Guide Service blog. About ten years ago, fellow blogger and friend Dave Anderson, did this for his father and I always thought this was a great way to preserve stories and memories for family. Thanks Heidi, I’m excited to know that Mac will have this book one day.  
What I liked as much as the book itself was the personal note on the first page. It’s hard for a Norwegian to say it out loud, nonetheless type it, but I love you too little sis. 
On to the weekly fishing report. 

In the beginning of the week I was waylaid with cabin projects and jury duty. By the time I decided to go king fishing, the river muddied up.  Not ideal conditions, so I passed.  My neighbors, however, have been spending a lot of time out on the saltwater fishing. They've been doing well. Here are Mack and Carol getting ready to clean a king salmon they caught in Seward.
And here are the remaining three fish to be fillet.
red salmon caught with a circle hook
Although I didn't fish for king salmon the past week, Saturday afternoon Dan Meyer and I (later joined by Boo Kandas) decided to see if we could catch a few red salmon. The reports in the lower river have been good and that is what we found as well. Two legally hooked fish, one fouled hooked fish, and two that were lost. Not a bad way at all to spend an afternoon.
Boo with dinner
My guess is that the river will continue to be muddy for a few more days. My plan is to continue to fish for red salmon until conditions improve. Make sure to come back next week to see what we're catching. See you then. 

2 comments:

King George said...

Nice fish! Thanks Heidi for the timing of the awesome birthday gift for your brother and my dear friend. Now as Keith advances into the golden years(I’ve been there for awhile)and forgets my name, he’ll have easy access to my Kenai profile. Good luck Keith on remembering where you shelved the book. https://m.wikihow.com/Shelve-Books-in-a-Library

Beaver Creek Cabins & Guide Service said...

I look forward to hiding my own Easter eggs.