Saturday, June 29, 2019

Fishing Report Week Ending 6/30/19


This is is it. This is the last early run king salmon caught in my boat. I could pretend and say I caught this on Saturday, but it was actually caught earlier in June. I did spend time on the river this past week, but it was for boat maintenance and I did not fish (and by the looks of it, no one else was fishing). That all will change when the second run management of king salmon begins on July 1st. With retention, comes more fisherman, and my next three months will be busy. I do have a few openings here and there, so if you're still looking to get out, check with me or Jane about availability.
Zzzzzzz. 

If you don’t have new fish photos, you use photos of napping moose. 
The next part of the fishing report will come from others who actually fished. Dan and Mary Meyer went to the Russian River earlier in the week and were very successful. The report now is the run is past peak, but with perseverance and luck, reds can still be had.
Returning guests, Kathy and Jen switched their Kenai River fishing trips to Seward, Homer, and the Kasilof River. Here they are after a day in Seward.
Can anyone say witness protection plan?  That's a nice yellow eye for Kathy.
Here's Jen with one of the many fish she caught while fishing out of Homer.
Kathy and Jen finished their fishing with a trip on the Kasilof River. Here's a nice 18lb hatchery king that Kathy caught. Thanks for sharing your fish photos with me. Next time, I plan on being in them with you...

With the first king salmon run nearly done, the minimum escapement goal has been exceeded (it was not last year). Hopefully, that will foreshadow a decent second run. Comeback next week to see if we start the second run with a bang, or if we ease into it. 





Beaver Creek Cabins & Guide Service




No comments: