Sunday, June 23, 2019

Fishing Report Week Ending 6/23/19


I didn't think I'd be fishing for red salmon on the lower river this past week, but when another guide asked if I could help him with a family of seven, I gladly, but reluctantly, agreed. I asked if his clients knew that most of the red salmon were further up the river. He said they did but they still wanted to try the lower river. 
They were a wonderful family who just wanted to be out together and not in a crowd. The bonus would be to catch enough red salmon for a barbecue. Mission accomplished. 
As predicted in my report last week, the Russian River is still going strong. How strong? ADFG has raised the limit once more to an unprecedented NINE RED SALMON! Even though I have a group next week that are scheduled for three days of king salmon fishing, I'm strongly encouraging them to cancel a king trip or two and go to the Russian River.
What else is going on? Other than an hour of king fishing that didn't produce a strike, Jane and I have been staining.
The Steelhead cabin was long overdue for a touch up.
So was the dock.
I had these little fella's keeping me company while working.

I'm looking forward to the week ahead. Not only do I end my three month commitment to grand jury duty, I also have several days of fishing planned. Over and above that, this will be the last week of catch and release fishing for king salmon. Although the emergency order has been tough on local businesses (including us), it looks like ADFG will reach the lower end of their escapement goals. That is good news for the future.

See you next week for a new report.




Beaver Creek Cabins & Guide Service


No comments: