Monday, September 9, 2013

Fishing Report Week Ending 9/9/13

We're definitely between the runs.    Individuals limited out on silvers this past week but the boat didn't.   Even though the numbers weren't there the average size of the salmon being caught continues to impress me.
   
One of the few days with sunshine which made for a poor photo of the fish Dan, Mary, April and Duane caught.

Here's Dan with his largest Kenai silver salmon ever.   This whistle pig weighed in at 14.13.   I think Dan had his eyes closed because he couldn't believe he caught a fish this big.
An old hockey friend of mine got a hold of me and said he was coming up with his family for a couple of days.  I didn't have any openings for a day of fishing but I told him we could give it a try in the evening.   Here's Team Dobber with their catch of the day.   From left to right is Trevor, Camden, Jevin, and Rob.  Unfortunately I wasn't able to take a photo of two important parts of Team Dobber: Kim and Sophia.  Next time guys, next time..... 
If any of my readers watch the television show Alaska State Troopers you may recognize the guy that's on the left of Dan and Duane.   That's Trooper Dan.   He's a long time friend of Beaver Creek Cabins and I was happy to be on the water spending time with him again.
Here's Kenny and Bob with their fish.  My only disappointment is I didn't get Judy in this photo.  They've got a couple of days booked with me this week so I'll make sure to get a photo of Judy and her pink parka.
.
Here's Dan, Mary, Annie and Jim with their day's catch.   Dan and Mary played the good hosts and made sure that Jim and Annie had the hot seats for the day.   If you can't tell in the photo, Mary and Annie are sisters and I can't begin to describe the positive energy that these two bring to the boat.   Oh, Dan and Jim have the right attitudes, but there's something about sisters getting together....


Here's the A-Team with their fish on Sunday.   Not as much action but the conversations were just as lively.

That's it for the fishing report.   I will end this post on a serious note.   Many of my readers know Phil Dreyer and I regret to inform you that he lost his battle with cancer on 8/23/13.  I don't have the time to do it now but in the near future I will post a memoriam that he deserves.   You will be sadly missed my friend....



1 comment:

Dave Anderson said...

Only 2 comments:
1. Those are some real pigs!
2. Always nice to have a few law officers as your friends.